Thursday, March 26, 2015

My 3 Best Healthy Eating Tips

No matter if you are on a weight loss journey, looking to maintain a healthy weight for your body type, or simply want to feel better, this is my best advice for you. 




1. Quit sugar (and with that processed foods)


Sugar is in everything. when you quit sugar you are getting rid of a huge source of inflammation and excess calories in your diet. Sugar has no important nutrients, doesn't keep you full, and can mess with your hormones.

Crucially, when you ditch sugar you also end up phasing out many other sources of junk in your diet like refined flours, processed soy, chemical additives, and highly processed oils.

For me, ditching sugar allowed me to control my weight loss and maintain my weight. My skin cleared up, I stopped having regular cravings, and I had way more energy because I wasn't crashing from sugar all the time!

Visit I Quit Sugar's website for great resources!




2. Reduce grain intake (eat more vegetables)


Grains are something usually served in dishes not the best for your waistline. Think pizza, pastas, cookies, and breads. It doesn't mean you have to give it up for forever, but after realizing how good you feel without it and making healthier versions, your body won't even want the same foods anymore. Also, grains are important when considering portions. Its easy to over indulge.

Key: if you are eating grains, stick to the right portion size for you. Starchy vegetables for carb sources like squashes and potatoes are also great instead of grains, or if you want choose healthier grains like quinoa, oats, etc.




3. Less snacking - it's okay to be a little hungry!


You really don't need to constantly. It weighs heavily on your digestive system and being in the mindset that you constantly need food only drives you to eat more than you already need.

Don't get me wrong, it is okay to eat snacks when you are hungry. But, choose the right kinds of snacks - not something packed with sugar or that is highly processed and full of junk!

Check out my classic snacks post for some ideas on healthy snacking.

My fix: I eat 4 meals a day instead of three. If you can't go 3-6 hours without eating, make your meals a little bigger!


Upgraded PBJ Recipe





Those are my tips! Quit sugar, reduce grains, and less snacking.

Most importantly, enjoy life! 

-Bee 





******* I am not certified in any health-related field. I am not giving medical advice, I am only sharing what worked for me!***********

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important, I would love to hear from you!