Friday, March 6, 2015

The Perfect Soft-Boiled Eggs

Soft Boiled Eggs are my favorite! 



These have a firm white and runny yolk. They are perfect on top of avocado toast like in my typical breakfast, over a bed of veggies, on a salad, or for dipping!




*Note: Sometimes my eggs peel perfectly and sometimes they don't! I don't know exactly why, but don't get frustrated. I simply remove the shell as best I can, use as much of the egg as possible, and enjoy my breakfast anyways! Trust me, they're worth it :)



Directions:


Tips:


    I find older eggs usually peel better!
    Timing of this is very important because the longer you wait to pull the pot off the heat or to cool the eggs down, the more the yolk is going to cook. 
    Adjust the cook time to fit the desired runny-ness of the yolk that you like - I like 4 minutes!


  1. Add eggs (I usually make two at a time) to a small pot, cover with water and bring to a boil
  2. Once the eggs start to rattle in the boiling water, remove the pot from the heat and immediately cover the pot with a lid
  3. With the eggs covered in a pot off to the side, allow them to cook in the hot water for 4 minutes 
  4. When the four minutes are up, immediately run the eggs under cold water or stick the eggs directly in an ice bath
    • (I remove the lid, set the pot directly in the sink, dump out the hot water and allow cold water to run over the eggs until they are cold)  
  5. Peel carefully and enjoy! 
    • (I try to tap where the egg on my counter top where the shell is hollow - this isn't super important - but, there is always one spot and you'll hear the difference. I use the side of my thumb to slide the egg shell off with the membrane in one shot if I can)
  6. I usually slice them in half over my veggies and avocado toast, that way the yolk drips all over. Mmmmm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important, I would love to hear from you!