Friday, March 20, 2015

Chocolate Chunk Blender Brownies

The perfect balance of sweet and chocolatey, and all made in my blender! One bowl, no mess, so easy, and so delicious!



I had a really ripe plantain sitting on the counter and I wasn't sure what I was going to make. Then it hit me.... BROWNIES. At this point I really don't have many chocolate recipes posted, so I thought a gooey-chewy, deliciously indulgent brownie would be just the trick. And from the empty tray sitting on my counter the next day, I could tell my family really loved them!
BONUS: These healthy brownies are so easy to make too!
All you have to do is throw the ingredients in a blender, and bam, brownie batter is ready for the oven. My magic bullet worked perfectly, and when I was done I simply stuck it in the dishwasher to clean. 

The recipe is also completely grain-free, gluten-free, and can even be sugar free! Made without any junk, you can feel great about indulging in this classic dessert. Make this for your kids, yourself, or for parties - it is sure to be a big hit!

Ingredients:



  • 1 large ripe (black) plantain, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 c coconut sugar (omit if you are completely sugar free)
  • 1/4 c cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa powder- it has no sugar)
  • 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
  • 1 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c chocolate chunks, optional (or chocolate chips)
  • coconut oil for greasing




Directions:


  1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
  2. add plantain and eggs to blender - blend
  3. add coconut sugar, cocoa powder, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt - blend
  4. stir in baking soda and chocolate chunks to the blender - DO NOT BLEND
  5. grease a baking pan with coconut oil (I used a 6x8)
  6. add the blender mix to the greased pan
  7. bake 25-30 minutes (take them out just as a toothpick comes out clean, or slightly before - they will continue to cook in the hot pan as you remove them from the oven - so do not over bake if you want chewy-gooey brownies!)
  8. let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting 
  9. eat them all!!!! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important, I would love to hear from you!